Kindergarten

We started getting all of our Kindergarten books in this past week.  Each time a new book has come in we have showed them to Emma Kate and have told her these were her new Kindergarten books.  Today was our official first day of Kindergarten.  This morning we woke up bright and early and the first thing out of Emma Kate's mouth was "Momma are you ready to start Kindergarten?"  I began to tell her that we probably needed to eat some breakfast before we got started.  She, however, did not want any part of that.  So, I gathered all of our books together and we got up to our dining room table and started immediately.  Her excitement was contagious!   As I began to teach her she amazed me with her ability to pick things up so quickly.  We did language arts, math and history this morning.  After lunch we will have some time of reading and when Daddy gets home this evening he will be teaching her Bible.  As I was bringing our morning school time to a close she didn't want to stop!  She kept asking to do more and more.   I am so thankful that I have this time with her and am looking forward to the upcoming year (and eventually homeschooling my other girls as well).  

Michelle

No comments: