Poems

I can not tell you how grateful I am to the Father for the eagerness of learning that he has put in my child's heart.  She amazes me each and every day.  She longs to do more and strives to glorify the Father by doing her best.  As a part of our schooling we are learning some poems.  She has memorized two poems already - they are as follows:

"Sir roaster is a noisy chap,  He wakes you from your morning nap.  He sleeps but little all night through,  Crows at eleven, one and two."

"Mrs. Hen, the kind old dame,  Always dresses just the same;  She talks all day about her joys,  And lays nice eggs for girls and boys." 

It is great to see her running through the house or standing like she is on a stage saying these poems.  We are very proud of the progress that she has made and are very thankful to the Father for this opportunity to school her at home.

Michelle

2 comments:

ray and alice said...

Emma Kate told me one of her poems today, how very sweet. We are so thankful for your Christian love that you kindly share with us. We continue to pray for both you and Briain as you both raise up your girls in a Godly home.

Love Nanny and Pa Pa (Mr. Ray would like the girls to call him that)

Tully Family said...

Michelle,

I thought I would say "hi"- my mother, Alice in the above comment, told me about your blog. Hopefully we can meet this May when we come to visit my parents.

I also wanted to recommend IEW's poetry, which is what we use for poetry: http://www.excellenceinwriting.com/index.php?q=product/developing-linguistic-patterns-through-poetry-memorization-book-and-cds

- Heather