Family Update

I can not begin to tell you how much I am enjoying homeschooling Emma Kate. She is a joy to teach and I look forward to our schooling together. She is such a smart child (no I am not just saying that because she is my child). We can be out running errands or driving to church and she will say "Hey Mommy, there is an Octagon" or "Hey Mommy, that light is green" I am just so proud of how well she is picking things up. Emma Kate is in the process of learning the Westminster Catechism for Children and is doing quite well.

Caroline has started to babble (although she thinks she can talk). It is fun watching her learn things as well. We will ask her questions like "Do you want some juice" and she will shake her head "yes" or "no". We can also ask her to go and get things and she will bring them back to us. The best thing is she LOVES to help unload the dishwasher! She helps take out the silverware and give them to me or Brian to put away. It is wonderful!

The girls are both getting along very well. They love to run up and down the hallway chasing one another. They love to turn around in circles until someone gets dizzy and falls on their fanny and then they bust out laughing. They love to dance with one another (and yes, Caroline can dance too). They both love to read and they love to play "horse or puppy" with Daddy. All in all they are really great kids.

Brian continues to stay a very busy man. Some days I wonder - how in the world does he just not fall out on the floor tired from all he is doing. Not only does he work full time and then come home and be a full time daddy, but he also is teaching guitar lessons, teaching jr. high youth on Weds/Sun, sometimes teaching adult Sunday School and leads worship in a group on Sunday evenings. I can't complain - although he is busy he always makes time for all of his girls - including Mommy! I think I have the best husband ever!!

Me - well, as you can see I am quite busy as well. Not only do I homeschool Emma Kate but I also run and play with the girls most of the day. I have learned to leave my housework - it will eventually get done, but time with my girls will fade! I also am very involved in church. I sing in the choir on Sunday mornings, lead worship in a group on Sunday evenings and teach a class on Sunday evenings. My photography business is going quite well. This is the first year that I have been booked almost 6-12 months in advance for some events. Right now my big project is taking photos for our church directory.

Well, I hope that you have enjoyed hearing from us - please let us hear from you all. Until next time......Michelle

No comments: