For Today

July 21, 2010...

Outside my window... sun is shinning and it is HOT

I am thinking... about how I need to finish cleaning my house

I am thankful... our church family, my girls and my hubby

From the kitchen... pork chops and I don't know what else

I am wearing... khaki shorts and a grey t-shirt

I am going... to try to find a toddler bed and bunk beds

I am reading... "Mommy's locked in the Bathroom - Surviving your child's early years with your sanity and salvation intact!" by Cynthia Sumner

I am hoping... for a better afternoon with the girls (its been a day of wailing and gnashing of teeth)

I am hearing... peace and quiet

Around the house... there are piles of laundry waiting to be washed

One of my favorite things... hearing my little ones tell each other "I love you!"

A few plans for the rest of the week: teaching swim lessons, teaching mother's day out class and date night with the hubby!!

Until next time.........

3 comments:

Tully Family said...

Oh, yeah! I'm glad that you are doing this series of posts too. Is the book good? Never read that one before!

Mccollough said...

I love reading your "For Today" so I decided to do it myself. Yes, the book it good!! I am always looking for "discipline/child-rearing" books. If you have any suggestion - let me know. Hope you are well friend. Hugs.

Tully Family said...

ALL-TIME favorite is "The Little Book of Christian Character & Manners" by Dedrick.

We like "Standing on the Promises" and "Future Men" from Douglas Wilson.

Doorpost offers great aids to parenting.

Oh, and we are doing well. Thanks!